Dell Custom Hosting Services: Introduction
Dell ZeroLag Cloud Hosting Services (the “Service”) include the following service offerings:
- Dell ZeroLag vCloud Public Cloud
- Hosted Exchange Service (Dedicated and Shared)
- Dedicated Hosting Service
- Dedicated Backup as a Service.
This Service Description (“Service Description”) together with your sales order form (“Order Form”) describes the Service being provided to you (“Customer” or “you”).
ZeroLag will offer 2 tiers of Service based on VMware vCloud Director: Reserved Capacity (“Reserved”) and Dedicated Capacity (“Dedicated”). Customers will designate the desired amount of virtual CPUs (“vCPU”) and virtual RAM (“vRAM”) for their desired implementation. A maximum ratio of 4GB of vRAM per vCPU will be enforced across the entire pool of capacity (e.g., a Reserved capacity of 100 vCPUs can have a maximum of 400GB of vRAM). See Table 1 for a summary of the offering and billing metrics.
- Reserved is a multi-tenant service whereby a customer can ask Dell to set aside a fixed amount of cloud capacity for their use. The minimum commitment for this level of service is one year. Additional networking, storage, and security options are available.
- Dedicated is a single-tenant service whereby a customer occupies entire servers for their Service environment. Server capacity is purchased in increments of 1 server, with a minimum order of 2 servers. Storage and networking are shared with the other servers in ZeroLag’s cloud. The minimum commitment for this level of service is one year. Additional networking, storage, and security options are available.
Billing for each tier is done on a monthly basis in advance or in arrears, as specified in the Order Form, and will include both fixed and variable costs. No hardware or software is being transferred, sold, leased or licensed to Customer under this Service Description. To the extent Dell uses hardware or software as part of its delivery of the Service, such hardware or software will be licensed, owned or otherwise held by Dell.
Guest Operating Systems
You may use one of our operating system (“OS”) Templates or import your own OS image. The current list of VMware vSphere supported guest operating systems can be found here: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/GuestOS_guide.pdf. Customer is responsible for obtaining software license rights for any software used in connection with the Service.
|Guest Operating System Template||
|Debian or CentOS Linux||
|Windows Server 2008 R2, Datacenter Edition (SP1)||
The networking portion of this Service consists of physical and virtual components. You may be charged for data leaving ZeroLag’s datacenter going to the Internet. Data bandwidth in and data between VMs in the same datacenter will not be charged. ZeroLag is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting all physical network components residing in ZeroLag datacenters. Customer is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting all virtual networking components created in its virtual environments. You will be provided with a minimum of 2 static IP addresses.
Optional Network Features
F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM) Virtual Edition – Load Balancer is optionally available for customers requiring application connections persistence. This service is available at additional cost for two rates: 200 Megabits per second (Mbps) and/or 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps). Dell support will assist you in loading the virtual appliance and load-balancing two virtual machines. Capabilities beyond this can be installed with a consulting engagement and may be subject to additional cost.
ZeroLag supports optional dedicated network connections from multiple telecommunications carriers based on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS). The minimum requirement for dedicated bandwidth is at least 2 megabits per second (Mbps). A 3-way agreement between Customer, ZeroLag, and the selected carrier must be executed prior to or concurrently with the execution of this Service Description. Customer is responsible for establishing network connectivity on its side.
Backup and Recovery
Dell performs daily snapshots of all storage arrays and maintains copies for a rolling 7 day period; this is included in the standard offering at no additional charge. For an additional charge, an optional backup service is also available where Dell will perform daily backups on a rolling 7 day schedule and retain weekly backups for a rolling 6 month period. Backup is done at a VM level (selection of individual files is not supported). Please consult Getting Started – Dell Cloud On Demand for implementation details.
Hosted Exchange Service
The Hosted Exchange Service provides a platform for email and collaboration based on Microsoft® Exchange software and, depending on the Hosted Exchange Service purchased, can be hosted on either a dedicated server configured specifically for the customer (the “Dedicated Hosted Exchange Service”) or in a shared server environment (the “Shared Hosted Exchange Service”). The Hosted Exchange Service includes mail migration to the platform, firewall protection, threat detection and alerting as well as:
Hosted Exchange Service – included features:
- Mailbox Size – Customers select the size of the message store (general mailbox size)
- 24/7 Technical Support – Dedicated support via phone and email 24/7.
- High Performance Storage – Each user’s mailbox is stored on a high-performance SCSI-based file system. Additional storage capacity is available for an additional fee.
- Anti-spam & Antivirus – Every mailbox is protected with anti-spam and antivirus filtering (Spam Assassin). Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection is available for an additional fee.
- Active Directory & Control Panel Service – Active Directory to handle all user access controls as well as the Exchange control panel to ensure your users have proper configuration.
- Web-Based Access – For Web-client access, Outlook Web App provides a premium browser-based experience that matches the look and feel of the full Outlook client.
- Mobile Access & ActiveSync – Mobile access is available from all phones capable of receiving e-mail, including iPhone, Android, Palm, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows phone devices.
- Calendar and Contacts – Users can compare calendars to schedule meetings and have access to collaboration features like shared calendars, groups, global address list, external contacts, tasks, conference rooms, and delegation.
- Outlook Service – Users can utilize their own copies of Microsoft Outlook 2007 or later versions or Dell can provide them for an additional per user fee.
- Attachments – Users have the ability to send attachments.
- Journaling – Records inbound and outbound e-mail communications to help your organization respond to legal, regulatory, and organizational compliance requirements.
- Automatic backup and restore – Allows you to restore individual emails, individual users, or entire mailstores in the event of a problem. The Service stores backups in the local storage to the machine.
Hosted Exchange Service – optional add-on features (subject to additional fees):
- Advanced Archiving for Microsoft Exchange – Allows users to archive inactive email into a secure environment where it can be retrieved for later use. This service uses various storage formats such as SAS, SATA and SSD to tier data storage for efficiency and performance. Dell can custom design a retention policy that meets operational requirements as well as compliance archiving with standard increments of 3 year, 5 year and 7 year. A web interface allows for easy review and retrieval of archived emails.
- Encrypted Storage Service – Allows customers to store critical emails in an encrypted format. This Encrypted Storage Service uses industry standard 256-bit AES encryption to provide an additional layer of protection from outside attacks.
- Blackberry Support – For Blackberry users, Dell offers Blackberry Enterprise Server Support Services. This service offers full Microsoft Exchange support for the Blackberry platform with “push email”, calendaring and collaboration features. Blackberry services run as a transparent layer on top of Microsoft Exchangeservices.
- Offsite Backup Service – Adds an extra layer of protection in addition to the backup services included in the Hosted Exchange Service by providing the transmission of a redundant copy of the backed up data to a remote datacenter. Data can be retrieved easily upon request.
- Outlook can be added on a per user basis
- SharePoint Service with 5 GB of storage can be added
Dedicated Private Cloud Hosting Service
Dell’s fully managed Dedicated Private Cloud Hosting Service runs on Dell hardware, in an SSAE16 audited data center accessed through a gigabit network infrastructure and is backed by 24 x 7 technical support (dedicated support via phone and email). The Dedicated Hosting Service includes migration to the platform, firewall protection, threat detection and alerting and 24/7 technical support (dedicated support via phone and email).
- Windows or Linux OS
- Virtualization platforms including VMWare, Microsoft, and Citrix
- Full backups captured weekly, with incremental backups captured nightly. More frequent backups can be scheduled, based on customer requirements.
- Full server monitoring every 5 minutes
- Munin reporting (daily, weekly, monthly and year real time reports on server statistics such as hard drive usage and CPU usage)
- Proactive and preventative alert notices (via Munin)
- 100 megabit/s full duplex fast Ethernet
- Access to on-site duplicative spare hardware in case of failure
- Intrusion detection system
- Dell PowerEdge hardware
- RAID filesystem
- Management portal
- System monitoring
- Performance tuning
Optional add-on features (subject to additional fees):
- Managed firewall service provides safety and protection for your hosting environment
- Load balancing service provides a high-performance load balancing technology for multi-server environments
Dedicated Backup Service
Dell’s Dedicated Backup Service includes backup snapshots that are kept for 24 hours and 48 hours. One backup is retained for 2 -3 weeks. Backup reports are provided daily. Data transport is 256 AES encrypted and storage is kept in the original format. Backups are not performed on live binary applications or data stores and, prior to backups being performed, all live binary data (such as databases or exchange stores) must have dumps created.
- Support for cloud-based backup using Symantec Backup Exec, Dell AppAssure, or Veeam
- Custom backup start and stop times
- Custom retention periods
- Custom RAID scheme
- Backup review by a backup specialist
- SSH user access available
Client Control Portal
In connection with your purchase of the Service, you will be given access to the Client Control Portal (the “Portal”), which provides a comprehensive view of your hosting environment, makes it easy to keep track of server performance and application statistics and provides tools for server tuning and remediation. Customer also has access to account information and user administration tools for server access and email. In addition, the Portal enables the following functions:
- Munin and Nagios monitoring view
- DNS management
- User management
- Email management
Dell’s or Dell’s partner’s Onboarding Team will collaborate with designated Customer-contacts to provide standardized onboarding of the Service, which will include:
- A Welcome email will be sent providing an overview and possible request for additional information required
- A phased project management process with defined project deliverables (kick off, provisioning, validation testing, training, handoff)
- An assigned Project Manager and Technical Consultant for the duration of the onboarding project
- Provisioning (“Provisioning”) is considered complete when the core infrastructure and Service setup is available to Customer or when the primary tasks within Dell’s control are complete
- Enabling one administrator
- Working with Customer to set up any dedicated VPN links over the Internet or dedicated WAN links
- Providing Customer virtual access to its selected Service
- Providing Customer access to its Portal
- A 30 minute Customer walk-through training session on its Portal delivered by pre-recorded video
- A phased project management process with defined project deliverables established during installation
- Gain access to old servers/services as needed or receive archive of files/databases
- Migrate files and databases to new server(s)
- Confirm migration through QA process
Service setup and installations times are set forth below. Custom quoted environments may require custom installation timelines.
- ZeroLag vCloud – 3 to 5 business days
- Dedicated Hosted Exchange – 5 to 10 business days
- Shared Hosted Exchange – 3 to 5 business days
- Dedicated Hosting – 5 to 10 business days
- Dedicated Backup Service – 5 to 10 business days
Billing is done on a monthly basis in arrears. The Activation Date of this Service Description is the date on which the related order form is executed by the Customer and accepted by Dell. The Billing Start Date will begin at the conclusion of Provisioning. Billing amounts will be set forth on your Order Form.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following activities are not included in the scope of this Service Description:
- Any services, tasks or activities other than those specifically noted in this Service Description.
- The development of any intellectual property created solely and specifically for the Customer.
- By offering this Service, Dell makes no claims that this Service meets federal or state data privacy and security requirements, such as HIPAA or PCI. While this Service may assist Customer in meeting some certification or compliance requirements, it is the Customer’s responsibility, not Dell’s, to determine whether the Service is appropriate for the Customer.
This Service Description does not confer on Customer any warranties which are in addition to the warranties provided under the terms of your master services agreement or Agreement, as applicable.
Offer-specific Customer Responsibilities
- Attend kickoff and subsequent meetings as requested and required for provisioning, setup, troubleshooting, testing, etc.
- Assign appropriate resource(s) as point(s) of contact for communication or required follow-up
- Provide access to old servers/services or send archive of files/databases as needed
- Participate in QA process
General Customer Responsibilities
Authority to Grant Access. Customer represents and warrants that it has obtained permission for both Customer and Dell to access and use, whether remotely or in-person, Customer-owned or licensed software, hardware, systems, the data located thereon and all hardware and software components included therein, for the purpose of providing these Services. If Customer does not already have that permission, it is Customer’s responsibility to obtain it, at Customer’s expense, before Customer asks Dell to perform these Services.
Customer understands that without prompt and adequate cooperation, Dell will not be able to perform the Service or, if performed, the Service may be materially altered or delayed. Accordingly, Customer will promptly and reasonably provide Dell with all cooperation necessary for Dell to perform the Service. If Customer does not provide reasonably adequate cooperation in accordance with the foregoing, Dell will not be responsible for any failure to perform the Service and Customer will not be entitled to a refund.
Customer will complete a backup of all existing data, software and programs on all affected systems prior to and during the delivery of this Service. Customer should make regular backup copies of the data stored on all affected systems as a precaution against possible failures, alterations, or loss of data. DELL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR:
- ANY OF YOUR CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION;
- LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, PROGRAMS OR SOFTWARE;
- DAMAGED OR LOST REMOVABLE MEDIA;
- THE LOSS OF USE OF A SYSTEM OR NETWORK; AND/OR
- FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BY DELL OR A THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER.
Dell will not be responsible for the restoration or reinstallation of any programs or data.
Third Party Warranties
These Services may require Dell to access hardware or software that is not manufactured by Dell. Some manufacturers’ warranties may become void if Dell or anyone else other than the manufacturer works on the hardware or software. Customer will ensure that Dell’s performance of Services will not affect such warranties or, if it does, that the effect will be acceptable to Customer. Dell does not take responsibility for third party warranties or for any effect that the Services may have on those warranties.
Terms and Conditions
This Service Description is entered between you, the customer (“you” or “Customer”), and the Dell entity identified on your invoice for the purchase of this Service. This Service is provided subject to and governed by Customer’s separate signed master services agreement with Dell that explicitly authorizes the sale of this Service. In the absence of such agreement, depending on Customer’s location, this Service is provided subject to and governed by either Dell’s Cloud Solutions Agreement or Dell’s standard Customer Master Services Agreement (as applicable, the “Agreement”). To the extent that any terms of this Service Description conflict with any terms of the Agreement, the terms of this Service Description will prevail, but only to the extent of the specific conflict, and will not be read or deemed to replace any other terms in the Agreement which are not specifically contradicted by this Service Description.
Please see the table below which lists the URL applicable to your Customer location where your Agreement can be located. The parties acknowledge having read and agree to be bound by such online terms. Customer further agrees that by renewing, modifying, extending or continuing to utilize the Service beyond the initial term, the Service will be subject to the then-current Service Description available for review at www.dell.com/servicedescriptions/global.
By placing your order for the Services, receiving delivery of the Services, utilizing the Services or associated software or by clicking/checking the “I Agree” button or box or similar on the Dell.com website in connection with your purchase or within a Dell software or Internet interface, you agree to be bound by this Service Description and the agreements incorporated by reference herein. If you are entering this Service Description on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have authority to bind such entity to this Service Description, in which case “you” or “Customer” shall refer to such entity. In addition to receiving this Service Description, Customers in certain countries may also be required to execute a signed Order Form.
|Customer Location||Dell Services Purchased Directly From Dell||Dell Services Purchased Through an Authorized Dell Reseller|
|www.dell.com/downloads/global/services/sd/csacanada.pdf (English)||www.dell.com/downloads/global/services/sd/csacanada.pdf (English)|
Latin America & Caribbean Countries
|Mexico: Your terms and conditions of sale will be sent to you along with your quote||Not applicable|
|Not applicable||Service Descriptions and other Dell service documents which you may receive from your seller shall not constitute an agreement between you and Dell but shall serve only to describe the content of Service you are purchasing from your seller, your obligations as a recipient of the Service and the boundaries and limitations of such Service. As a consequence hereof any reference to “Customer” in this Service Description and in any other Dell service document shall in this context be understood as a reference to you whereas any reference to Dell shall only be understood as a reference to Dell as a service provider providing the Service on behalf of your seller. You will not have a direct contractual relationship with Dell with regards to the Service described herein. For the avoidance of doubt any payment terms or other contractual terms which are by their nature solely relevant between a buyer and a seller directly shall not be applicable to you and will be as agreed between you and your seller.|
Europe, Middle East, & Africa
|Service Descriptions and other Dell service documents which you may receive from your seller shall not constitute an agreement between you and Dell but shall serve only to describe the content of Service you are purchasing from your seller, your obligations as a recipient of the Service and the boundaries and limitations of such Service. As a consequence hereof any reference to “Customer” in this Service Description and in any other Dell service document shall in this context be understood as a reference to you whereas any reference to Dell shall only be understood as a reference to Dell as a service provider providing the Service on behalf of your seller. You will not have a direct contractual relationship with Dell with regards to the Service described herein. For the avoidance of doubt any payment terms or other contractual terms which are by their nature solely relevant between a buyer and a seller directly shall not be applicable to you and will be as agreed between you and your seller.|
Additional Terms & Conditions Applicable to Cloud and SaaS Services
1. Term of Service
This Service Description commences on the date listed on your Order Form and continues through the term (“Term”) indicated on the Order Form. As applicable, the number of systems, licenses, installations, deployments, managed end points or end-users for which Customer has purchased any one or more Services, the rate or price, and the applicable Term for each Service is indicated on Customer’s Order Form. Unless otherwise agreed in writing between Dell and Customer, purchases of Services under this Service Description must be solely for Customer’s own internal use and not for resale or service bureau purposes.
2. Important Additional Information
- Payment for Hardware Purchased With Services. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, payment for hardware shall in no case be contingent upon performance or delivery of cloud or SaaS services purchased with such hardware.
- Optional Services. Optional services (including point-of–need support, installation, consulting, managed, professional, support, security or training services) may be available for purchase from Dell and will vary by Customer location. Optional services may require a separate agreement with Dell. In the absence of such agreement, optional services are provided pursuant to this Service Description.
- Assignment. Dell may assign this Service and/or Service Description to qualified third party service providers.
- Geographic Limitations and Relocation. This Service is not available at all locations. Service options, including service levels, technical support hours, and on-site response times will vary by geography and certain options may not be available for purchase in Customer’s location, so please contact your sales representative for these details.
24/7/365 support line:
Toll-free 877-ZEROLAG (937-6524)
289 S. Robertson Blvd, #441
Beverly Hills, CA 90211